UCEED 2023 Application Form Begins
The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) has started the application process for Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED 2023) and Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED 2023) today, September 30. Candidates shortlisted in UCEED can apply for admission to the Bachelor of Design (BDes) programme at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIITDM Jabalpur. CEED qualified candidates, however, will be granted admission to Master of Design (MDes) and PhD programmes in Design.
Applicants can register online for UCEED 2023 through the official websites – www.uceed.iitb.ac.in respectively. Candidates must have qualified Class 12 to apply for UCEED 2023, while to apply for CEED 2023, the applicant must have completed a three-year degree, certificate or a postgraduate degree programme.
Steps To Fill UCEED Application Form 2023
• Step 1: Visit the UCEED online registration portal – www.uceed.iitb.ac.in
• Step 2: Fill UCEED 2023 registration form
• Step 3: Upload the required documents
• Step 4: Pay the application fee
• Step 5: Download the UCEED registration form 2023 and take the printout
Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode only. Various online payment gateways such as Credit cards, Debit cards, Net Banking, etc. can be used to pay the application fee. The application fee for various categories is given below:
Women/ SC/ST candidates should pay the registration fee of Rs. 1800/- whereas other candidates need to pay Rs 3600/-.
A late fee of Rs 500/- will be applicable for the candidates who fail to register for the exam within the given time.
Candidates can check here UCEED Eligibility Criteria:
Age Limit: Candidate belonging to general/ open or OBC/ NCL category should be born on or after 1st October 1998 whereas the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD category should be born on or after 1st October 1993.
Attempt Limit: The maximum number of attempts for this exam is two times and in consecutive years.
Qualifying Examination: The candidates who have completed their class 12th or equivalent examination or the candidates appearing for the class 12th exam in 2023 are eligible for giving UCEED entrance exam.
Stream: Candidates from all streams such as science, commerce, arts and humanities are eligible for giving the exam.
Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final examination on the 12th exam of 2023 can also apply for the UCEED.
UCEED 2023 Exam Pattern
Following are the complete exam pattern for the UCEED 2023:
• Duration: The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
• Medium: The medium of question paper will be English.
• Marks: The question paper is of a total of 300 marks.
• Parts: The question paper will be divided into two parts Part-A and Part-B respectively.
• Mode of Examination: Part-A shall be conducted in online (Computer Based) mode and Part B will be conducted in offline (pen-paper) mode.
UCEED 2023 Syllabus
The UCEED question paper will contain the questions in 2 parts. Part-A will contain topics from the different topics given below:
• Visualization and spatial ability: Understanding of transformation and manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and specific concepts.
• Observation and design sensitivity: Applying attention to details, analyzing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting, ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes, etc.
• Environmental and social awareness: Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses, general awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources, etc.
• Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions, ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative, and discern patterns within the information, Ability to weigh opinions, arguments, or solutions against appropriate criteria to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, etc.
• Language and creativity: Ability to understand and use Standard English, Reading Comprehension, Knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verbs patterns, article, active and passive constructions, etc, and vocabulary skills, etc.
• Design thinking and problem-solving: Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify the problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options, and select solutions.
Drawing: Ability to draw products, people, or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proposition, perspective, and shading.
Harshita Nandal has worked as a Creative head in Mitrakshar, University of Delhi. She has done her Graduation from the University of Delhi in English Honours. In her free time, she prefers to play the guitar, take short walks in between work and loves to watch Korean dramas. Currently, she is an author at Educere India to fulfil the desire of her passion for writing.
CSEET November Session Result Declared The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) which held the November 2022 session of CS Executive En...
NEET Round 2 Result Declared The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has announced the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Undergraduate (NEET U...
NEET Round 2 Schedule Extended The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) today announced that the schedule for round 2 counselling of National Eligib...