CLAT 2024 Counselling Started , First Allotment Result Released
The Consortium of National Law Universities has published first CLAT 2024 allotment list on December 26. The first round of CLAT 2024 counselling is also started. The CLAT seat allotment is provisional and candidates have to complete the formalities to complete the admission. The CLAT 2024 allotment list is published for each of the participating NLUs for both 5-year LLB and LLM programmes. Earlier, the consortium had closed the CLAT counselling 2024 registration on December 20 at 10 PM. It must be noted that the counselling for CLAT 2024 will be done via an online centralized system.
The consortium had notified the CLAT counselling 2024 details on its official website on December 11, 2023 which included the revised CLAT counselling registration dates and CLAT 2024 counselling schedule. The counselling registration window was opened on December 11, 10 am. Candidates belonging to the general category were required to pay a fee of Rs 30,000 and reserved categories needed to pay a fee of Rs 20,000 for registration. It had announced the CLAT 2024 result on December 10. Only those candidates whose names are included in the invite list will be eligible to appear for CLAT counselling.
The CLAT admission process is conducted separately for UG and PG programmes. After each round of CLAT counselling, the consortium will publish the seat allotment for each of the participating NLUs in the admission process. Candidates aspiring to appear for CLAT 2024 were required to submit their NLU preferences at the time of filling up the CLAT 2024 application form. The Consortium conducted the Common Law Admission Test on December 3, 2023. Read the complete article to get detailed information about the counselling process of CLAT 2024, the documents required, fees and more.
Adding NLUs preferences is an important aspect of CLAT counselling 2024. Candidates could fill their NLUs preferences at the time of filling up the CLAT 2024 application form. It must be noted that candidates will be considered for admission in only those NLUs that were added by them as preferences during the specified period. They will not be considered for admission into any other NLU. A minimum of five NLUs preferences were to be added by the candidates by logging into their CLAT account. There is no maximum limit on the number of NLUs preferences that can be added by the candidates.
How to add NLU preferences for CLAT 2024?
• Login to your CLAT account.
• Click on “update preferences” tab in the dashboard.
• Fill the preferences according to your choice.
• The CLAT counselling 2024 is a long process completed in multiple rounds. The first step in CLAT counselling is registration for the counselling. The registration commences after announcement of CLAT 2024 result. The final step in CLAT counselling is reporting to the allotted college.
• Declaration of Result: CLAT counselling process starts after declaration of CLAT 2024 result. Only shortlisted candidates who are placed in the invite list will be able to participate in the CLAT counselling process.
• Registration: Candidates need to register for the counselling process by providing their basic details, educational qualifications, and other relevant information.
• Payment of Counselling Fee: CLAT 2024 counselling registration would be completed only if candidates pay the counselling fee to participate in the process. General category candidates need to pay Rs. 30,000 and SC/ST candidates need to pay Rs. 20,000.
• Seat Allotment: Based on the rank obtained by the candidates and the choices filled by them, the CLAT seat allotment process will take place. The seat allotment will be done in multiple rounds.
• Admission Fee Payment: After the document verification, candidates need to pay the admission fee to confirm their admission.
• Reporting to the College: Finally, candidates need to report to the allotted college to complete the admission formalities such as document verification and other processes.
How to Register for CLAT Counselling 2024
• CLAT counselling registration 2024 is an online process. Candidates who appeared for the CLAT were required to register on the official website of the consortium of NLUs. Here is the step-by-step process to complete CLAT counselling registration:
• Login to CLAT Account: To register for the CLAT counselling, candidates need to log in to their CLAT account from the official website - consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
• Payment of Counselling Fee: After logging in, candidates need to click on the "Make Payment" button to pay the CLAT counselling registration fee. The fee for general category candidates is Rs. 30,000 and for SC/ST candidates is Rs. 20,000.
• Fill in Details: Candidates need to fill in their basic details, educational qualifications, and other relevant information.
• Download Application Form: After the completion of the registration process, candidates need to download the application form for future reference.
CLAT Counselling 2024 - Seat Allocation Process
Candidates will be allotted seats during CLAT 2024 seat allotment. Candidates who successfully completed the counselling registration will be eligible for CLAT 2024 seat allotment process. The first allotment list would be published on December 26. Given below is the seat allocation process:
• First the exam authorities would allocate an NLU seat based on the candidates' rank and NLU preferences given by them.
• The candidates can choose to accept the seat and complete the admission process after paying the admission fee for the concerned NLU.
• Another option for candidates is to go for an upgrade. This option gives them an opportunity of getting allotted a seat at an NLU which is higher on their preference list while at the same time retaining the already allotted seat.
• Candidates can also choose to exit from the CLAT seat allotment process.
What are Freeze, Float and Exit options in CLAT 2024 counselling?
During CLAT counselling, candidates are given the option to choose from three options: freeze, float, and exit. These options are explained as follows:
• Freeze Option: If a candidate is satisfied with the seat allotted to them and does not wish to participate in further rounds of counselling, they may choose the freeze option. By choosing this option, the candidate is confirming their seat at the allotted National Law University (NLU), and they will not be considered for further rounds of counselling.
• Float Option: If a candidate is not satisfied with the seat allotted to them and wishes to participate in further rounds of counselling, they may choose the float option. This option allows the candidate to accept the seat allotted to them but also indicates their willingness to participate in further rounds of counselling for a better seat. If a candidate chooses the float option and is allotted a seat in a subsequent round, the seat allotted in the previous round will be forfeited.
• Exit Option: If at any point during the counselling process, a candidate decides not to participate any further, they may choose the exit option. By choosing this option, the candidate will be withdrawing from the counselling process, and their name will not be considered for further rounds of counselling.
It is important to note that the availability of these options may vary among different NLUs and counselling rounds. Candidates are advised to check the official CLAT website or the website of the respective NLU for detailed information.
Documents Required for CLAT 2024 Counselling
• 10th or equivalent mark sheet
• 12th or equivalent mark sheet
• Graduation certificate (for CLAT PG counselling)
• Character certificate
• Transfer / Migration Certificate
• Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC etc.) if applicable
• PWD Certificate (If applicable)
• Domicile/residence certificate (If applying under the domicile category)
NLU Admission Process after CLAT Seat Allotment 2024
• After the CLAT seat allotment, candidates need to complete the NLU admission process to secure their admission. The admission process varies slightly among different NLUs, but it typically involves the following steps:
• Payment of Admission Fee: Candidates who are allotted seats in NLUs need to pay the admission fee to confirm their admission. The fee amount and payment mode vary among NLUs.
• Document Verification: Candidates need to submit their original documents for verification at the NLU. The documents typically include CLAT scorecard, CLAT admit card, class 10th and 12th mark sheets, category certificate (if applicable), and other relevant documents.
• Seat Confirmation: After the document verification, candidates need to confirm their seats by submitting the required documents and paying the balance fee (if any).
• Orientation and Induction Program: NLUs typically conduct an orientation and induction program for newly admitted students. The program provides an overview of the academic curriculum, rules and regulations, and other important information.
Harshita Nandal has worked as a Creative head in Mitrakshar, University of Delhi. She has done her Graduation from the University of Delhi in English Honours. In her free time, she prefers to play the guitar, take short walks in between work and loves to watch Korean dramas. Currently, she is an author at Educere India to fulfil the desire of her passion for writing.
JEE MAIN 2024 RESULT OUT The National Testing Agency (NTA) announced the JEE Main 2024 Session 1 Result. This year, a total of 23 students have sco...
NCHM JEE 2024 Application Form Begins The National Testing Agency (NTA) Application Process 2024 has begun. Candidates who wish to apply for N...
NEET 2024 APPLICATION FORM RELEASED The NEET application form 2024 was released on February 9, 2024, by NTA on the official website www.neet.ntaonl...