Delhi MBBS Admission 2022 : Know More about Seats Distribution, Cutoff & Eligibility Criteria

# May 13, 2022 by Harshita Nandal

News Image

Delhi MBBS Admission 2022 : Know More about Seats Distribution,  Cutoff & Eligibility Criteria

This Article is helpful for all the students who are aspiring to do MBBS & BDS from Medical and Dental Colleges in Delhi. This Article details everything about the Colleges  Reservation, Seats Available,  Eligibility and Admission Procedure in all the Government and Private Medical and Dental colleges in the territory of Delhi.  The registration will be available for every round of  MBBS/BDS counselling.

The MCC/DGHS will be doing Counseling for 15% AIQ, 100% Deemed Universities, Central Universities (Delhi University including Institutional/ Domicile Quota) & I.P University (VMMC & SJH AND ABVIMS & RML & ESIC Dental, Delhi (15% AIQ + 85% Institutional Quota )100% AIIMS.

The role of MCC of DGHS is limited to allotment of seats to the participating candidates, as per their merit and choice, which starts only after receiving the list/data/Information of successful candidates from National Testing Agency i.e. the NEET (UG) examination conducting body.



Admission name

Delhi MBBS/BDS admission

Basis of admission

NEET 2022 Score

Examination authority

National Testing Agency (NTA)


Counselling Scheme for NEET 2022 :

  • 15% AIQ

There will be two rounds of AIQ online counseling i.e. Round 1 & Round 2. All candidates who have qualified for All India Quota seats on the basis of their rank in NEET UG conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).

Cutoff rank of eligible candidates will also be available on the MCC website ( The seats remaining vacant after round 2 of AIQ shall be sent back to the respective states. Candidates declared Qualified/Eligible for All India Quota Undergraduate Seats (MBBS/BDS) will be eligible only for online allotment process for All India Quota Seats, which is conducted by the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC)


AIIMS has its own eligibility and admission policies for which the Candidates are advised to go through the same. The seat matrix/information for NEET UG, 2020 is provided by AIIMS.

  • Central Universities

The MCC of DGHS, MoHFW shall conduct 100% counselling for the seats of Central University/Institutes.

The eligibility conditions for the internal quota is given by the colleges/institutes, MCC has no role to play in determining the eligibility conditions for the internal quota of the Central Universities/Institutes.

The Candidate are requested to go through the eligibility conditions before applying for the internal quota of the Central Universities/Institutes and ensure that they meet the prescribed eligibility conditions.

Delhi University (LHMC,UCMS, MAMC) : 15% Seats will be contributed by the Delhi University to All India Quota. For the rest 85% seats, candidates who have studied 11th & 12th grade in Delhi NCT are eligible for Institutional Quota of 85% in Delhi University.

Central Institutes Under MoHFW- (VMMC & SJH; ABVIMS & RML & ESIC Dental ) : 15% Seats will be contributed by the VMMC & SJH; ABVIMS & RML and ESIC Dental to All India Quota. For the rest 85% seats, candidates who have studied 11th & 12th grade in Delhi are eligible for Institutional/State Quota of 85% in VMMC & SJH, ABVIMS & RML and ESIC Dental.

ESIC 15% seats would be allotted through All India Quota (Round 1 & 2). Remaining 85% seats shall be treated as state quota seats. Percentage of I.P. Quota seats out of 85% State Quota seats earmarked for I.P. students is domicile free.

Faculty of Dentistry, Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi : Jamia has its own reservation policy for admission to various programs of the University, For General category 40% seats will be contributed.


  • Deemed University

There will be four rounds of counselling i.e. Round 1, Round 2 of AIQ and Mop-Up Round & Stray Vacancy Round. Out of the four rounds, three rounds will be conducted online by MCC i.e. Round 1, Round 2 and Mop-Up Round. Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, New Delhi is included as Deemed To Be University

The roster for the Deemed University seats shall be applied by the MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.

Delhi MBBS and BDS Admission Eligibility Criteria

  •  MBBS 2022 admission candidates must be a citizen of India.
  • Medical applicants must have to pass their 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology individually and must have to get at least an aggregate of 50% for the general category. While it is 40% and 45% for PH reserved and PH unreserved, respectively.
  • For  MBBS  admission candidates need to secure the minimum NEET cutoff  percentile.


On the basis of scores obtained in NEET , successful registration and fulfillment of other factors for eligible candidates will be invited to participate in NEET  counselling. It is mandatory for medical aspirants to qualify for NEET  with the minimum qualifying percentile in order to secure a seat for themselves in the counselling of  MBBS

Authority will conduct four rounds of online counselling for NEET - first, second, mop-up, and college-level rounds. Candidates whose names are included in the state merit list will be called for participation in NEET  counselling processes. After the registration, the authority will commence the choice filling and locking for counselling of NEET. Candidates are advised to fill choices on the basis of priority, however, they can also opt for upgrading their allotted seats.

On the basis of state merit rank, preferences filled, reservation criteria, availability of seats, etc. MBBS admission  will be granted. Aspirants seeking more details on NEET counselling  can refer to the article below.

 Delhi MBBS/BDS  2022 counselling dates

Candidates can refer below for the important dates pertaining to counselling of  NEET. Aspirants are also advised to keep a track of these  MBBS/BDS counselling dates  to avoid missing any crucial event.

Delhi MBBS 2022 counselling - Stepwise procedure

Candidates can check for the stepwise procedure for counselling of  NEET  by going through the points that follow:

Step 1 - Registration

Medical aspirants must first register themselves for participating in  NEET counselling . For the same aspirants have to fill  MBBS application form  by entering details like personal, academic, communication details. To fill these details, candidates have to login using their NEET roll number and security key. Candidates will also have to upload relevant documents in the sections available for the same. Following this medical aspirants will have to make   MBBS  application fee payment. Candidates can do the same via debit/credit card, e-wallet, net banking, and IMPS.

Step 2 - Choice filling and locking for counselling of  MBBS

Medical aspirants will now have to enter and lock their choices of course and college for  NEET counselling . The same candidates will be required to log in using their NEET roll number and password. Steps for choice filling and locking in MBBS counselling are provided below.

First, click on the option of ‘choice filling and locking’ on the page for counselling of NEET and then select the type of college ownership (private, government, or both)

On the top of the page, candidates will be provided with guidelines to fill and lock choices for  MBBS counselling . Medical aspirants are advised to refer to the same in case of any confusion

Candidates will then be provided with the option to select as many options of course and college as they want for MBBS  admission . Their choices will automatically get placed under the box of selected preferences

An option to change the order of preferences will also be provided to candidates. They can avail this options in the counselling of MBBS  by moving the cursor up and down

Next, candidates will have to click on the ‘review selected preferences button’

It must be noted by candidates that they will be allotted seats in the MBBS counselling  process on the basis of choices filled and other factors. So, candidates will then have to lock their choices filled as per the steps above. For this, the screen will display the choices entered by candidates in MBBS  counselling and send a One Time Password (OTP) on their registered mobile number. On entering this OTP candidates will have to click on ‘proceed to lock choices’

Under any circumstance, candidates will not be allowed to make changes in the choices entered by them after they are locked for the counselling of  MBBS. All these changes must be made before locking the choices. Those candidates who fail to fill or lock their choices will not be considered for MBBS counselling  as announced by the authorities.

Step 3 - Process of Delhi  seat allotment

The authorities will release the schedule for each round of counselling for MBBS. On the basis of choices filled, availability of seats, fulfillment of eligibility and other factors candidates will be allotted seats in MBBS  counselling.

Step 4 - Result for Delhi UG

On the completion of the seat allotment process for Delhi MBBS counselling  the authorities will publish the result of the same in online mode in the form of PDF.  NEET  seat allotment for each round will be published separately. Link for the same will be provided on his page for the convenience of candidates. Since the seat allotment for counselling of Delhi MBBS  has not been released yet, candidates can refer to the previous year’s allotment lists

Step 5 - Reporting at allotted college

The final step of MBBS  counselling is reporting candidates at the allotted college. Prior to reporting at the allotted college candidates must download the

 Delhi MBBS counselling seat allotment letter. It is advised that candidates reported to their allotted college within the stipulated time and should carry the below-mentioned documents for verification.

Delhi MBBS counselling  - Documents to be furnished

  • Candidate class certificate (PH/FF/SN)
  • NEET result  2022
  • Income certificate
  • NEET 2022 admit card
  • Affidavit of not being the domicile of stated
  • Class 10 mark sheet
  • Domicile certificate
  • Class 12 mark sheet
  • Caste certificate


Delhi MBBS participating institutes

In the tables given below a list of medical and dental colleges, both private and dental has been provided. These colleges accept admissions through MBBS counselling .

 Medical colleges

Name of College

University Name

Total Seats

Army College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University


Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences and Dr. RML Hospital, New Delhi

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University


Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Medical College, Rohini, Delhi

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University


Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, New Delhi

University of Jamia Hamdard


Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi

Delhi University


Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi

Delhi University


North Delhi Muncipal Corporation Medical College, Delhi

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University


University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital, New Delhi

Delhi University


Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University



Dental College

Name of the college

University Name


Faculty of Dentistry, Delhi

Jamia Millia Islamia


ESIC Dental College and Hospital, Rohini

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University


Maulana Azad Institute Of Dental Sciences

University of Delhi



Delhi MBBS Merit List 2022

After the completion of registration and filling of the choices, the authority will tentatively release the merit list  in online mode. Authority will prepare the merit list on the basis of obtained scores in NEET  by candidates. While filling the application form the successfully registered candidates will only be enlisted in the state merit list. The admission  comprises the candidate names, NEET roll no., application no., AIR, and scores of NEET

See the complete list of Government Medical Colleges . NEET is the most important exam for admission in all MBBS seats in Delhi

Delhi MBBS Seat Distribution:

Delhi  MBBS BDS 2022 cut off is the last rank at which admission to a particular category is closed. With the help of NEET cutoff  , students can get an idea of the college and course to apply for on the basis of scores and rank in NEET entrance exam . The cutoff of  MBBS/BDS  depends upon the number of aspirants appeared for the exam, marks obtained in the exam, NEET difficulty level and more.

Delhi NEET cutoff  details

In Delhi MBBS cutoff  list details like category wise last rank and the corresponding score are mentioned. All the aspiring candidates must go through the NEET cutoff list of Delhi to get a rough idea of how much scores they should obtain in the national level medical entrance examination in order to get a seat. Also, with the help of college wise NEET cutoff  data medical aspirants can see which are the options of colleges available for them on the basis of their NEET result .

Factors determining  Delhi NEET 2022 cutoff

There are certain factors that determine MBBS cutoff  for admissions. These are those factors which might lead to variations in the data provided. For the convenience of candidates we have mentioned the same in the points that follow:

  • Total number of NEET aspirants appearing for the exam
  • Marks scored in the NEET MBBS result
  • Number of seats available in the MBBS and BDS colleges of the state
  • Difficulty level of the NEET question paper
  • Types of NEET Cutoff Delhi



About Author

Harshita Nandal
Harshita Nandal

Harshita Nandal has worked as a Creative head in Mitrakshar, University of Delhi. She has done her Graduation from the University of Delhi in English Honours. In her free time, she prefers to play the guitar, take short walks in between work and loves to watch Korean dramas. Currently, she is an author at Educere India to fulfil the desire of her passion for writing.